In these rooms we have:
- Surgical microscopes with viewfinder for assistant and closed television system with digital recording equipment, connection panels for suction pumps, compressed air and cauteries.
- Platform of microcontacts for the handling of the different equipment, XY movement of the microscope, electric chair.
- Microphones for communication between the rooms and the chiro-scope.
- System of sterilization of the total space.
- Phacoemulsification and previous Vitrectomy equipment of the latest generation.
- Among the most frequently performed procedures are Cataract Surgery and Cornea Transplant
In this Surgery we use Microincision, Ultrasound equipment and replace the Lens with Intra-ocular Lenses of the highest quality. Used for people with pathologies that affect the Crystalline, the most frequent of them the Cataract (Opacity b-dislocated).
These grafts are performed in patients who have pathologies such as: Keratoconus, corneal scars caused by wounds, traumas or burns. Corneal grafts can be Laminar, Penetrating or Endothelial. The purpose of making a Corneal Graft is to replace the damaged cornea with a healthy one, using corneas from donors who were alive until a few hours before the transplant and who generously donated their eyes so that other people can see. The Clinic has Registration with the National Transplant Network to perform Cornea grafts.